Wow, I have been awarded the Honest Scrap award by Cottage Homestead. If you are not following her please check her out. She has great recipes and ideas for your homestead. I have to say I was surprised. I am new to the whole world of blogging. I have a website www.pa-dutch-travel.com that is my primary business.. I don't consider myself a professional blogger or anything. I just want to find a way to connect to others and show people that we (my son and I) are real people behind the website. We just want to share our love of the PA Dutch Country with others and figure I would try blogging in addition to the website.
For those of you who are not familiar with The Honest Scrap Award, it is an award given by bloggers to people they feel have brilliant design and or content. So therefore, I humbly accept this award. So, if I have passed this award on to you, I sincerely feel that you have a blog worth following.
What I am supposed to do or what you are supposed to do if you receive this award is:
- Present this award to at least seven blogs that you feel are brilliant in design and or content. And make sure you mention the person that gave you the award.
- Put links to the 7 winner’s on your blog and inform them that they have been given the “Honest Scrap.”
- Share 10 "Honest" things about yourself.
1) I own three pet birds (Harley, Tang, and Tweety). None of which I named.
2) I think everyone should try and do something little to try and take care of the earth.
3)I have been battling the effects of tick diseases for awhile now.
4)I enjoy the outdoors and hiking. I hope to hike to Havasu Falls someday soon.
5) As I write this I have a garlic clove stuck in my ear. That's right, I said garlic clove. Okay stop laughing. I have been battling double ear infections for several days. I have been trying homepathic ear drops, lymphatic drainage massage, Tylenol, antibiotics, they have all helped a little but not enough. So hence the garlic clove. I saw this on a site that had an article about relieving earaches. Since garlic is in and of it self an antibiotic, it may do the trick. And so I decided to try it on one ear and see. I swear I think it might be actually starting to work. Now the problem comes in with the smell. I think socially I may not be so popular now. So what am I supposed to do? Maybe I can use some parsley. So if you see me walking around with parsley sprigs hanging out of my ear you know why. Any suggestions are appreciated.
7)I love Garfield!
8) I enjoy meeting new people and networking. So I like to hang out on Twitter
9) I enjoy the shows The Office and Hell's Kitchen.
10) I try to enjoy the little things in life.
Okay, now that I have rambled on about myself here are the blogs I would like to give the award to.
Now, I will have to save the other three for another day because right now my computer and I are not getting along.